Will the real virtual receptionist please stand up?
As a company we had a hard time deciding if the term “Virtual Receptionist” applied to us. If you look at the companies that market inside the Virtual Receptionist domain it becomes very apparent on what they do. They are phone answering services and that’s where it ends. So are we a Virtual Receptionist company?
Well what does a receptionist do?
The Wiki explanation: “A receptionist is an employee taking an office/administrative support position. The work is usually performed in a waiting area such as a lobby or front office desk of an organization or business. The title “receptionist” is attributed to the person who is specifically employed by an organization to receive or greet any visitors, patients, or clients and answer telephone calls.”
Combing thru some job boards, Craigslist and other job websites here is the most common job requirements for a receptionist job:
- Typing, Filing, Answering phones
- An upbeat attitude
- A professional appearance
- An ability to deal with several situations at once
- Providing information to callers
- Running errands — must have good driving record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Great attitude
- Excellent computer skills, must be experienced in Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Research
- Team player, but able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be reliable with good work ethics
- Experience in a certain industry office setting is preferred
- Bi-Lingual — Spanish speaking is preferred
- You must be legally able to work in the US and have proper documentation.
Because ALICE Receptionist empowers your entire organization to manage your front desk via ALICE and the fact that you can take your current receptionist or dedicate one employee to greet visitors, we can say with confidence that ALICE is in fact a Receptionist. If “virtual” annotates “the quality of having the attributes of something without sharing its (real or imagined) physical form,” then ALICE is indeed a Virtual Receptionist.
So then what are all these other companies really? Virtual Call Centers? Virtual phone answerers? Surely they are not Receptionists.
We will stick to the facts, and the fact is we really are the only Virtual Receptionist company offering real human interaction through 2 way video and accomplishing the tasks that you really look for in a receptionist position.